Making your home safe for baby
Your baby is on the way, and there is a lot to think about. Besides making sure that you have baby furniture and clothing for your new son or daughter, you’ll want to check that your home is safe. These tips can help you cover all the safety bases.
- Check to see that smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in your home are working.
- Put emergency numbers, including poison control, near each phone.
- Make sure your home or apartment number is easy to see so fire or rescue can locate you quickly in an emergency.
- Make sure handrails are installed and secure in stairways.
- Check that your blind cords and chains are out of reach by moving cribs, cots, and other furniture well away from windows.