Breastfeeding My Baby
You should get all the facts about why breastfeeding is the best way to feed your baby.
The benefits a baby receives from human milk will last his whole life.
• Lowers risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
• Protects against respiratory and diarrheal disease.
• Reduces ear infections.
• Decreases obesity later in childhood.
• Less likely to have insulin-dependent diabetes.
• Decreases risk of childhood cancer.
• Protects against allergies.
• Aids weight loss and helps uterus to return to pre-pregnancy size.
• Lowers risk of osteoporosis later in life.
• Reduces risk of breast, uterine, endometrial and ovarian cancer.
• Decreases insulin use in diabetic breastfeeding moms.